Lee Kuan Yew's Predictions
I spent a lot of my time during the pandemic listening to Lee Kuan Yew’s predictions & insights about the world and collated a small fraction of his quotes in this video.
As one of the most successful nation-builders in history, we’re incredibly lucky that his insights are easily accessible online. Lee Kuan Yew’s deep knowledge of both the East & West allowed him to lead Singapore, a country with no natural resources, to become one of the wealthiest nations in the world. It’s a shame not more people (especially young people in the US & Australia) know this man.
Video Timestamps & Description
A small collection of predictions, quotes & insights from Lee Kuan Yew (from his interviews, speeches and books) – with some commentary & quick analysis.
From the rise of Asia (China, India, Vietnam) to the decline of Nokia, listen to his thoughts on the world, some of which have come true, some are questionable, and some are unknown.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 0:20 – Australia will become the white trash of Asia?
- 1:56 – Predicting the rise of Asian tech innovation & entrepreneurship
- 4:12 – Predicting the rise of China (ft. Deng Xiaoping)
- 5:34 – Predicting no American intervention
- 6:24 – LKY’s thoughts on Xi Jinping
- 6:57 – Predicting Japan’s military resurgence
- 8:17 – Predicting the rise of Vietnam (ft. Nguyễn Thị Phương Thảo)
- 9:24 – The rise of India? (ft. Rishi Sunak)
- 10:41 – Predicting the futility of the US in Afghanistan 11:19 – Democracy destined to fail in Myanmar? (ft. Aung San Suu Kyi)
- 12:53 – Predicting the decline of Nokia
- 13:47 – Lee predicts that he could become a villain after his death